‘An Englishman’s Home Is His Castle’ How many times do we hear that phrase coined? There is nothing quite like owning one’s own home and over a lifetime, bricks and mortar is one of the best investments one can make. Whether you are purchasing for the first time, moving upwards, downwards or for investment, we are available to guide you every step of the way. Here are a few basic buying tips to consider before you start your search:
• Check how much you can comfortably afford
• Make a list of all of the obvious and not so obvious expenditure
• Obtain quotes from a solicitor or conveyancer
• If you have children, check up on local schools and available spaces
• Be realistic about your search criteria, it is very rare to tick every single box!
• Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as you like about the property and the area.
• Review all relevant information before you make an offer to purchase
Request a market appraisal